THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Coordinator, School Management Services, M5 (Management/Confidential)
(Open to Current NYS employees only)
The Office of P-12 Education is seeking candidates to fill the position of Coordinator of School Management Services reporting to the Deputy Commissioner of P12 School Services. The incumbent will act as a liaison between Board of Cooperative Educational Services (BOCES), school district financial managers, and the Education Department. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage reporting under the property tax report card and administrative salary reports;
- Provide technical assistance to school districts in their fiscal management;
- Review and approve the School District plans submitted under the $2 billion Smart Schools initiative;
- Review applications to operate a nonpublic school in NYS and applications for permission to grant Regents diplomas;
- Review requests for funding to nonpublic schools under the Mandated Services Aid and Comprehensive Attendance Programs;
- Review contracts for pupil transportation and approval of district’s bus leases and purchases;
- Review Legislative bills and participate in the State Aid Workgroup; and
- Coordinate the contracts for the P-12 education of Native American children living on reservations and oversee the college tuition scholarship program for Native American children.
For permanent appointment candidates must be a current New York State employee and have one year of permanent competitive service in a title allocated to M-4 or higher that is eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law. For provisional appointment, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive service in a position in the Office of P-12 Education allocated to SG-28 or higher in which the majority of duties performed involved responsibility for providing technical assistance and related services to local school districts and BOCES in school budget or management matters, including management of information systems, management practices, school facilities, safety and student transportation, and State and federal funding for programs.
This will be a permanent or provisional appointment. Filling of this position is contingent upon Division of Budget approval. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $135,616 based on annual performance advances.
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until a candidate is appointed. Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (P12-1515/04200) of the position in the subject line of your email and/or cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.